School of Arts and Sciences

The School of Arts and Sciences is the intellectual hub of Abraham Baldwin Agricultural Higher, providing all ABAC students the Core Curriculum and helping to develop their critical thinking, writing, and research skills. We offer two associate degrees, four bachelor'due south degrees, and a number of different caste tracks that let students to further specialize based upon their interests and goals.

About

Message from the Dean

portrait of Dean Matthew Anderson

Dr. Matthew Anderson

Dean of Arts and Sciences

Welcome to the Schoolhouse of Arts and Sciences at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC)! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to explore our website and learn more about our strong academic programs, engaging faculty, and talented students.

Every bit ABAC's largest academic school, the School of Arts and Sciences plays a key office in achieving the Higher's vision of serving those students who are seeking a life-changing educational experience. Equally abode to the Core Curriculum and a wide variety of strong academic programs, the School of Arts and Sciences is responsible for empowering ABAC students with a broad knowledge base of operations and skill set that prepares them for success in their lives later college.

In the School of Arts and Sciences classes, students experience minor class sizes and skilled faculty employing innovative pedagogical techniques. Much of the learning our students engage in, however, occurs well beyond the bounds of a traditional classroom. Indeed, students from the School of Arts and Sciences participate in internships, faculty-mentored research, study abroad and other experiential learning opportunities that assist them grow, both intellectually and professionally. Arts and Sciences students graduate from ABAC ready to contribute to their communities and prepared to accomplish their personal and professional goals.

The faculty of the Schoolhouse of Arts and Sciences are active scholars and artists, and gifted instructors and mentors. They take the time to get to know their students and work tirelessly toward their success. Within the School of Arts and Sciences at ABAC you volition meet a educatee-focused academic community that fosters the growth of all its members. Nosotros would love for y'all to join us.

Matthew J. Anderson, Ph.D.
Dean, Schoolhouse of Arts and Sciences

Departments

Female student using microscope

The School of Arts and Science understands that tackling the problems facing the world will require a collaboration of experts in the liberal arts, sciences, mathematics, wellness professions, humanities, and entrepreneurship. Your academic career at ABAC will exist grounded in studies in each of these areas, preparing you to engage in solving the world's problems through your area of expertise. Past exploring the world of social and natural sciences, the arts and humanities, yous volition gain the foundational knowledge needed for your career and across. Our goal is for you to have a life-changing experience that allows you to leave ABAC ready to overcome any challenge and solve any trouble.

The Departments of the School of Arts and Sciences collaborate to offer the Cadre Curriculum for all ABAC students. In addition to the Bachelor of Scientific discipline degrees in Writing and Communication, History and Government, Rural Customs Development, and Biology, and the Acquaintance of Fine Arts in Music (A.F.A.Grand.) degree, the School of Arts and Sciences offers Associate of Arts in Core Curriculum (A.A.) and Associate of Scientific discipline in Core Curriculum (A.Due south.) degrees that prepare students for further study in many disciplines at ABAC or other colleges or universities.

Degrees and Tracks

  1. i. Associate of Fine Arts in Music (A.F.A.Yard.)

Degrees and Tracks

  1. i. B.S. with a Major in Rural Customs Development

The bachelor's degree in Biology offers four tracks of report, biochemistry, general, pre-professional, and health sciences. These tracks permit the student to be most prepared for their next educational step.

Degrees and Tracks

  1. one. Biological science (B.S.)

bainbridge (1)

Instructional Site Offerings

The Schoolhouse of Arts and Sciences is proud to offer courses within our USG approved Cadre Curriculum at all ABAC instructional sites. At ABAC Bainbridge, students can complete the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in the Core Curriculum (General Studies pathway). Full Available of Science degree programs, the Associate of Fine Arts in Music, and the Core Curriculum A.A./A.S. degrees are bachelor at ABAC Tifton.

Bainbridge-Tifton 2+ii Plans: Bainbridge-Tifton ii+2 Plans allow students to consummate the outset 2 years of their B.Due south. caste at ABAC Bainbridge and then transfer to ABAC Tifton for their final two years. Students pursuing these plans will work with faculty advisors within their disciplines at both sites to help ensure timely progress toward graduation. If the prescribed plan of written report is followed, students will be able to consummate the B.S. in four years, splitting their time equally across the ABAC Bainbridge and Tifton sites. Such 2+2 Plans are available for the B.S. degree programs in Biology, History & Government, and Writing & Communication.

Students and Alumni

Abigail Guerra

Abigail Guerra

ABAC felt like home from the moment I enrolled. I love the community atmosphere it has. The teachers here are the best and always willing to help in whatever manner they can. They have brought in speakers that have widened my horizons on the type of jobs I can get, and they have done a phenomenal chore in preparing me for my future, and have inspired me to brand a change and stand up for what I believe in wherever I decide to go next. I have made slap-up memories and met some amazing people during my time here.

Caroline Sullivan

Caroline Sullivan

I love ABAC because of the "at abode" temper it has. Even though ABAC is an Ag-based school, it has introduced me to a variety of the programs it has to offer. I have had the privilege of becoming an ABAC Ambassador, a member of the Stallion Society and Atom social club. ABAC has guided and pushed me to go the best student I tin be. Here at ABAC, you are truly a name, not merely a number and the professors strive to know you on a personal level. ABAC has all the best features you are looking for in a college.

Elijah Alford

Elijah Alford

I beloved ABAC! I am so thankful for the resources that ABAC offers me. I know that when needed, I can always receive free tutoring, counseling, or advising.

Ja'Mi Barnes

Ja'Mi Barnes

Throughout my fourth dimension at ABAC, I take been able to practice things that I never idea I would ever be able to do. I've gone to conferences and been a office of many different organizations that have shaped my life forever. I love ABAC considering I can go to a school where anybody is different from me. That continues to teach me about personal growth and actually motivates me to become a better version of myself.

Hannah Lindmeier

Hannah Lindmeier

As soon every bit I came over the railroad tracks, I knew ABAC was going to be the place for me; by the time I finished my tour, I had made my decision. ABAC is the most welcoming higher campus and I'm and so grateful to be able to call it my home. The relationships and connections I have built through professors and clubs are already benefitting me, and existence able to participate in four years of undergraduate Alzheimer's enquiry is an incomparable opportunity that has helped me to find my passions, have leadership opportunities, and the ability to present at conferences.

Hyland Schmidt

Hyland Schmidt

The music program is like a second home to me. I know my professors, and I go to interact with them on a daily ground. My professors are my mentors, and they are ever looking out for me and my peers to make sure we are doing the absolute best nosotros can do. Overall, ABAC, has all of the all-time features you desire from a small college. I will definitely miss this campus and all of the people on information technology.

Ginger Bailey

Ginger Bailey

ABAC has provided me with many opportunities. The Honors Program, mentored inquiry with professors, welcoming clubs and organizations, and beingness able to bring my horse to the stables on campus are just a few. Another perk of attending ABAC is the affordability which helps my family which has iv children. The friends and memories I've made here are unforgettable and I'm so happy that ABAC is my school.

Anya Campbell

Anya Campbell

ABAC was a perfect selection for me.  I have made friends with an amazing group of people who back up each other through all of our classes and tough times. It is an affordable, great school with a unique and tight-knit community that wants to run across yous succeed.

Candler Swain

Candler Beau

I dearest ABAC because of the community feel that it offers. It is a place where professors know your name and are eager to lend a hand or an ear. While ABAC may be an agricultural-based school, it has introduced me to a broad variety of topics that have diversified my interests.

Michael Duvall

Michael Duvall

Every bit a student in the writing and communication programme, I take had exposure to many fields inside the field of study. This has allowed me to gain noesis and experience in areas ranging from broadcasting to rhetoric. I honey that ABAC offers hands-on learning opportunities for students. Specifically, for students interested in writing, the Stallion newspaper, and Pegasus literary mag. I've had the privilege of being published in both, and for that, I am grateful. Both organizations are pupil-run, giving you lot real-globe experience. I'll cherish my time at ABAC long by graduation.

Jobs and Internships

As young professionals, students are encouraged to learn beyond the classroom and gain valuable experience to set up them for life. Our internship program provides students with a wide diverseness of learning opportunities in a structured and professional person environs while receiving grade credit. A large number of internships end with students receiving a full-time employment offer upon graduation.

ABAC Connect Chore and Internship Portal

Museum Curator and Student Intern

Career Opportunities WITH

Agreements with Graduate and Professional Schoolhouse Programs

ABAC'southward Schoolhouse of Arts and Sciences prides itself on preparing students for success, wherever their futurity paths have them. Of form, many careers will require additional training across ABAC. Regardless of your chosen major, the School of Arts and Sciences has established agreements with other institutions that can assistance open the door to the side by side footstep in your didactics.

Give now to the Schoolhouse of Arts and Sciences

Assistance support our mission of providing an educational foundation through student-focused instruction, appointment, and mentorship by giving to the School of Arts and Sciences today.

Contact Us

King Hall
ABAC 15
2802 Moore Hwy.
Tifton, GA 31793